Pakistan Disabled Foundation
Pakistan Disabled Foundation which is an organization of the crossed disabilities, working actively in all walks of life to the maximum possible extent. It has the following full time agenda towards the betterment of Disabled Community.
- To strive for the implementation of legislation and other methods for the attainment of the fundamental rights for the disabled persons in Pakistan.
- To endeavor for the arrangement of the necessary equipment required for the disabled persons by import or local production.
- To strive for the disabled persons to be useful citizens and be self-sufficient and to develop affective cooperation and understanding between the disabled and ordinary society.
- To cooperative and coordinate with the Local, National and International GOs and NGOs working for the welfare of the disable persons.
- To conduct coursed and arrange seminars, workshops, conferences for the betterment of the disabled persons. To encourage and to carry out research work to change the unhealthy behavior, tendencies and concepts. Furthermore to improve and enhance the facilities and securities for the disabled persons and to ensure and protect the rights and privileges.
- To establish Institutions, Develop Schemes and Run Projects to achieve the main objectives of the Foundation in connection with Education, Training, Employment, Social Integration and Socioeconomic status.
- Very Special and extraordinary attention is being paid to introduce the capabilities and qualities of Disabled Women including the need of domestic and family life and marital status.
ALHAMDULILLAH PDF from its very inception has started to march towards the prime goal of socioeconomic status for the people with disabilities by providing them Education, Training, Employment, Social Integration, Representation and Consultancy through various regular and periodical programs. So far on one hand PDF has provided financial support to the rehabilitation and regular monthly support to the Disabled Widow and Old Age Persons along with equipment for education and daily use to control and overcome the additional problem of disability.
PDF has also provided financial support as per emergency relief regarding Requirement of House, Installation of Utilities, Wedding Programs, Medical Requirements, Uniforms, Children Books, Winter Clothing to the deserving and needy disabled persons. On the other, PDF has arrange short training courses comprising of techniques and skills for the disabled persons along with cultural gathering to ensure social adjustment under the program of public education and societal motivation. PDF also arranged the group meeting of the expert and social workers working in the field to consider and identify the activities, needs, problems and their solution on the basis of radical and scientific approach and to avoid the duplication of work through coordinated and collective efforts. PDF has approached the authorities concerned in Government and Private Sectors to solve the individual and collective problems of disabled persons at Local, Provincial and National Level.
To cater with the increasing need of counseling, Guidance, Orientation and Basic Education of the beginners bot as a child or adult accounting disability accidentally at the age beyond by the school going, a full time regular academy “PDF Quaide Azam Academy” having separate section for Disabled Women has been established in 2005 for which Rent Free Accommodation and Transport to facilitate the pick-n-drop to the disabled trainees has already been provided.
PDF has several important programs for future to fulfill its full time agenda including immediate and important program to take care of basic need of the deserving disabled persons and families regarding Food & Clothing. The Foundation provides support in kind and cash to the organizations working for the disabled especially in backward and remote areas together with the earthquake victims.
SHAHID AHMED MEMON
Chairman Pakistan Disabled Foundation